Not much traveling is allowed these days, so a virtual journey to an unknown destination will have to suffice. Today, we want to transport you to the city of Herzliya and ignite those feelings of wanderlust! Perhaps, once borders reopen and traveling becomes part of our lives again, this will be your next stop when visiting the land of milk and honey.
Herzliya is one of the most beautiful and meaningful cities in Israel. Today, you’ll have the chance to be there without leaving your chair. For a moment, you’ll be able to even smell the city and visit its most dazzling landscapes. Just like when we shared with you some crazy facts about Ramat Gan, or when we decided to tell you about the history and hidden gems of Jerusalem, today it was Herzliya’s turn.
Ready to learn more about this affluent, “Zionist” city? Yalla! Let’s go!
Interesting facts about Herzliya you weren’t aware of!
Since we love learning, we will bring you 12 interesting facts about this beautiful city. These facts can make you think, question, and reconsider many things you already knew about both Israel and Herzliya.
Are you ready? Let’s begin!
1. This city, with some of the most gorgeous beaches in the country, is named after Theodor Herzl – a writer and founder of modern Zionism. One can find monuments dedicated to him scattered across the city.
2. Herzliya is also home to some of the best places to work in Israel. International companies such as Google, Microsoft, Intel, and AppsFlyer have their Israeli headquarters in the city.
3. Right next to Herzliya you can find some of the best places in Israel to surf! So if you are an adrenaline junkie, be sure to check out these spots in Israel and start enjoying the waves.
4. This city is home to the Herzliya Museum of Contemporary Art. The museum houses a big and impressive collection of modern art pieces by many Israeli artists.
5. According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, residents of Herzliya are among the wealthiest in Israel. However, when it was founded in 1924, Herzliya was a Moshav (a semi-cooperative farming community).
6. Herzliya has 4 sister cities only in the United States. Its twin towns are Beverly Hills, Columbus, San Bernardino, and even Hollywood.
7. The Herzliya Marina holds some of the finest and best restaurants in the country. Making a reservation for some of them can take a long time. Even though the Top-Notch restaurants in Israel are mostly in Tel Aviv, Herzliya is not far behind!
8. During the summer, the Jewish congregation “Beit Tefilah Israeli” offers inspiring and very musical Shabbat services right next to the sea. This attracts numerous people who want to connect with the tradition of Shabbat spiritually instead of doing so through religious observation.
9. Most of the Ambassadors living in Israel have their houses either in Herzliya or in the suburbs surrounding it.
10. The Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) is located in Herzliya. It’s a private research college with the highest number of international students in Israel. Herzliya is also a fun city for younger people studying.
Learn Hebrew today. Come to Herzliya tomorrow.
Learning Hebrew is great. You’ll be able to better communicate with locals in your next visit to Israel, you’ll be able to understand the prayers at your local synagogue, you’ll be able to watch the best Israeli shows available on Netflix without subtitles, and you’ll master a valuable, ancient language.
Take a look at the live, online Hebrew courses offered by the Rosen School of Hebrew and become fluent in Hebrew in a fast, enjoyable, and engaging way.
Give a present to yourself. Learn Hebrew today!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Learn Hebrew slang, take a virtual tour across Israel, discover the best local food and so much more