Collection of Information
As part of the services granted by the Site, people using the Site may leave their private details on our registration form. We will not share this information with any non-affiliated third parties unless you specify otherwise.
Collection of Information; Type of Information Collected
Information may be collected in any of the following ways:
- Information you provide us with
Here are some examples of information you may be required to provide us with when using the Site:
- “Contact Us” link. If you choose to send us an inquiry using the “Contact us” link on the Site, whether by submitting our online form, by using a feedback or reporting feature on the site, by sending us an e-mail or by any other means, you may be required to provide certain Personal Information such as a full name, phone number and e-mail address.
- Surveys, Promotions, Blogs and Newsletters. The Site may offer you certain features such as a blog, forums, newsletters, articles, reviews, surveys, etc. If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, and/or to participate in a certain survey and/or to respond on the blog forum and/or participate in other promotional features offered by the Site (some of which may be administrated by third parties engaged by us), then such interaction by you may require you to provide certain Personal Information such as full name, phone number, physical address and e-mail address.
- Information We Collect from You
Kindly note that Personal Information may also include certain information which is not explicitly submitted by you, for example, as we log your browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp.
Information, including Personal Information, is collected from you in the following ways:
You may delete cookies that have been set on your computer and/or change your browser settings in order to block cookies or to receive notifications when cookies are set. For more information, please consult your browser settings. Please note that if you choose to restrict or block cookies on your browser, you will still be able to use our Site, however, several features offered on the Site may not be available to you.
- Device and Usage Data; Log Files. We collect information through server log files and tracking technologies within the Site. Such information is collected for the purpose of tracking user movement around the Site and user clicks-through other websites, gathering demographic information, analyzing trends, and to generally collect information that we may find insightful or helpful. Such information may, without limitation, include the following: IP and Mac addresses, the type of your browser, operating system and device, your browser version, screen resolution, user agent, language and identifier, URLs and traffic channels (such as the previous URLs or platforms you visited), keyword searches and bids, city, region code, country, latitude, gender, age, date/time stamp of Site use, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, clicks, timing and statistical data for clicks and page views, and clicked pages. For example, our Site uses Google Analytics service (more information regarding such service can be found on: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners/).
Please note that any content that you choose to make publicly available on or via the Site, will be available to other users of the Site. We therefore encourage you to only post information you wish to be publicly available to other users of the Site’s third parties. If you allow your contact information to be public, you may receive unsolicited messages or activity from other users of the Site outside our control.
Use of Personal Information
- To provide you with the Site and the services and features offered by the Site. We will use your Personal Information to: (a) administer and provide you with the Site, including the services and features offered by the Site; (b) identify and/or authenticate your access and use of the Site; (c) send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials (including that of third parties), offerings, advertisements and/or other information about the Site and/or eTeacher and/or its affiliates and business partners; (d) further develop, upgrade and improve the Site and its features; (e) communicate with you.
- If Required by Law Enforcement. We may share your Personal Information with third parties if we believe, in our sole and absolute discretion, that the disclosure of such information to third parties is reasonably required, necessary and/or helpful to: (a) comply with any applicable law or regulation, legal proceeding, decree, or in response to a governmental authority request; (b) investigate a possible violation of our Terms of Service and/or in order to enforce its terms; (c) investigate and prevent security or fraud issues related to the Site; and (d) protect from any violation or threatened violation of our (or our affiliates and business partners), our users, yourself and/or the public’s rights, assets and safety.
Security of Information
As we are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information, we use various security technologies and means (administrative, physical and technical) in order to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, while we try to use reasonably acceptable means to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized use or access, we cannot guarantee its absolute confidentiality or security.
Correcting or Deleting Personal Information
We strive to maintain accurate records of Personal Information. If you are interested in correcting or deleting the Personal Information we may be storing, you may do so by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to request the correction or deletion of your Personal Information. Information deleted by you, or pursuant to a request you submitted to us may not necessarily be deleted permanently and may still remain stored on our servers. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to decide if such information is deleted from our servers permanently.
ou may choose not to receive future emails, marketing materials, offers, etc. from us, by clicking on the “Remove me from mailing list” button located on the bottom of each e-mail we send you. However, if you choose to unsubscribe, we still may send you administrative e-mails in order to facilitate your use of the Site and the services and features offered by it.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites, content and other online properties (“Third Party Websites”). Any data and/or Personal Information you provide in such Third Party Websites is provided at your own risk. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these Third Party Websites, nor will we be liable for any content related claim arising from visiting such Third Party Websites, and we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Website you choose to use or interact with.
Privacy of Children
This Site is not designed to attract or to be used and/or accessed by children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information as soon as practically possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Specific Privacy Rights
Pursuant to the California Civil Code Section 1798.83, our customers who are California residents are permitted to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you wish to submit such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer, each year.
California “Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browsers’ “do not track” (DNT) signals or other tools providing users with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about their online activities over time and across third-party web sites and/or online services. We may allow third parties, such as third parties providing us with analytics tools services, to collect Personal Information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different web sites and services when a user uses our Site.
Removal of Content Published by California Residents
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 years old, the California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 may permit you to remove content or information you have publicly posted on our Site. If you wish to remove such content or information from our Site and you specify which content or information you wish to be removed from our Site, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. However, please note that after removal of such content from our Site you will not be able to restore such information. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on our Site and there may be circumstances in which the applicable law does not require us to enable removal of the content or information.
Assignment upon Merger or Sale; Receivership
In the event that eTeacher is acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or otherwise sells all, or part of its assets, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. Please note that in the event of a bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership, or similar event, we may not necessarily be able to control how your Personal Information is used, treated or transferred.
Privacy-Related Inquiries and Complaints
All rights reserved. © 2017